Re: another wlm question. this time it involves a folder

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

Move option is unavailable.

After deleting the labels, here is what it says now after opening wlm.

One of the folders I have and I am trying to delete is called cooking, btw.

Windows Live Mail

Could not select 'cooking' on the IMAP server. Try updating the folder list and

then try again.

OK Details >>

When I update the folder, still the same results.

From: Michael via Groups.io [mailto:michael_boyd.70359@...]
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2016 5:12 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] another wlm question. this time it involves a folder

Kimsan,

Try selecting the “Move” item in the context menue while focused on the folder that you want to delete, and when the Move Dialogue opens up, arrow down to the deleted items folder and then press Enter. See if this doesn’t move the folder, then try to “Empty” your deleted items folder to permantly delete the folder.

Michael

Sent: Monday, April 18, 2016 12:44 AM

Michael

No.

I am in one of the folders as I type this. The context menu says move, close, etc. Now, under the folder option there is a delete split button with a few options for example, empy junk folder, empty delete folder but no delete folder. I’m going to try one more thing since I’m here.

Ah, forget it. That didn’t work.

I was on the gmail site and I saw the labels which are the same exact name of what I am seeing in the trash, so I deleted the labels but they are still under the trash in wlm. I’m all confused and have no more beer until after work tomorrow lol.

Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2016 10:27 PM

Do  you get any kind of explanation as to why you cannot delete a folder that you created? These should be the easiest ones to delete. I see the “New Folder” item on the context menu for WLM, which will create a folder within an account. Is there a Move command in this menu if you create your own folder within an account? If so, click on this and then move the folder to the Deleted Items folder, then choose Empty Deleted Items.

Michael

Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2016 12:47 PM

Michael and Robin:

The folders I’m referring to are folders I’ve created.  They are not the standard folders created by providers. I’ve tried multiple times to delete them but a no go.

Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2016 6:35 AM

Hi again Kimsan,

The folders that you see under any one given email account depends on that particular provider. In other words, gmail might provide different folders than yahoo, etc. You should always have an Inbox, Drafts, Sent Items, Trash or Junk folder and a Deleted items folder, these are default to WLM. Just what the email service provider also includes, you do not have too much control over, and any possibility of deleting these folders would have to be done on the account providers web mail page through your browser.

Michael

Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2016 1:13 AM

Subject: [TechTalk] another wlm question. this time it involves a folder

WLM is beginning to PO me lol.

Ok, I have my gmail, aol and charter email accounts set up as imap all in wlm.

Under my kimsansong@... account treview, there is a trash folder treview, when I expand it with right arrow, press down arrow, I hear the name of sub folders.  Are these ssubfolders in the trash folder or are they not.  What I want to do is delete the folders so I tap the alt key, right arrow to the folder tab and select delete folder but then it gives me the keytip to empty the deleted items, which it does but I want those subfolders gone.  Another thing I would do is press enter and go into the subfolders and rinse and repeat by tapping the delete folder option under the folder tab but it’s still there. Ug, I’m tempted to go drink… lol

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.