From: Melissa Hammitt [mailto:mjmarney@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2015 7:54 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Welcome to the latest members (we're at 86 now)

I admire the fact that you created a new list. I am a pro lurker so I have more experience with reading than responding so have a good idea of how you handle things. I just hope that when it comes time to enforce some sort of rule that it is handled in a way that doesn't pulsate with a vibe of "1984" or make me feel like I am in school again and someone was caught talking during class. I understand there needs to be rules, but how they are enforced is handled can piss off people. I'm not talking about those that can find anything in almost everything to get mad about, I'm sure people understand what I'm saying there. Speaking from experience it can be tough going from a peon position to one of management and not look like you are being a bully or betraying the people who think of you as a friend. I hope that line isn't too hard to achieve here. Moderating anything can be hard, dealing with a bunch of different people with different ideas about how things should be and not looking like a total dictator or asshole can be hard too.

Melissa

On 8/30/15, Carlos <carlos1106@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
As the subject says, thanks to everyone who has subscribed so far and
I will do my best to make this work. We already have quite a few
knowledgeable members who have signed on. I would like to believe
that I'm fairly open minded so hopefully this will be reflected in how the list is managed.
Don't hesitate to share your thoughts and opinions LOL or to let me
know when I'm being an idiot. There are really only a few basic rules.

1. Discussions , questions, and articles about all types of technology
are allowed.

2. Discussion of illegal activities is not allowed. If you are not
sure if a particular subject qualifies as illegal, feel free to ask me
in a private message.

3. Try to be civilized.

4. Too many rules become restrictive and cramp my style so just use
common sense.

Regards,
Carlos