From: Ann Parsons [mailto:akp@samobile.net]
Sent: 20 April 2016 14:58
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Braille watches - maybe a little low-tech.

Hi all,

Absolutely, Carolyn, a plain, old Braille watch is the best thing
going. Talking watches were designed by the sighted who think they are
the best thing since sliced bread. They aren't. they are cheap,
ill-made and they scream "blind, blind, blind, blind" wherever you go.
It amazes me that people who are losing their sight are content with
talking watches, especially those who won't use a cane because they
might look blind. Makes no sense to me. Get a Braille watch. they
aren't really "Braille" they just have dots at the hours. That's not
Braille, and it can be used by anyone. You don't have to know Braille.
One thing I can tell you, folks, you'll be considered more of a
professional if you use a Braille watch.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring