From: Beth [mailto:thebluesisloose@...]
Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2015 6:12 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Nvda & windows 10 (latest versions for users?)

Holy crap, I did not know that. lol Joe, you're so smart! I knew you had
something. But anyway, you should get me on Skype we can talk more. And yes,
I can't wait for Windows apps to be more accessible. With the next update of
NVDA, there should at least be more stuff.
Beth

Beth Taurasi, Windows 10 edition,
Cell: 720-435-7407
Skype: denverqueen0920
Ms_denverqueen on Twitter
Instagram: denverqueen0920
Facebook: www.facebook.com/denverqueen0920 Or you can check out
www.denverqueen.com for more information.

On 8/30/2015 6:43 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi Beth, Jessica and others,
For Jessica: Yes, NVDA 2015.3 will work with Windows 10. In addition
to Beth's blog post, I've recorded an audio tutorial on NVDA which can
be found at www.nvda-kr.org/en.
For Beth: Regarding NVDA geeks based in United States, there are
several of us. The funny thing is, we have at least one geek in each
time zone (I serve as the NVDA geek in the Pacific region (where I
live) and sometimes serve as the American counterpart for NVDA lead
developers in Australia). In terms of my work, I tend to be the one
talking about Windows 10 and NVDA a lot (I do investigate NVDA issues
with Windows 10 Insider builds (currently build 10532 for fast ring
Insiders) and am the moderator of the NVDA Windows 10 list), and I am
the author of various NVDA add-ons including Control Usage Assistant
(abandoned; NVDA's answer to JAWS' context-sensitive help), Enhanced
Touch Gestures (to fill in the gap in NVDA's support for
touchscreens), GoldWave (supports 5.58 and up including 6 series) and
StNPlaylist Studio (supports Studio 5.00 and up). I can say that I
helped out with NVDA's support for Windows 10 (it was I who wrote the
routine to let NVDA announce toasts in Windows 10 (someone did
something with Windows 8 version) and am experimenting with supporting
so-called universal Windows apps.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Joseph