From: Norman
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2015 7:45 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] require suggestion to purchase a windows 8.1 or 10
32 bit tablat

Hi.
I've stayed a bit lower end and am very happy.
I've probably got around $700 in my lenovo server desktop with the
server grade intel i3 and 12 GB of ram.
It's a very good machine and runs well.
Plus with a good ssd in it it's very fast.
However, this question was specifically about laptops and tablets so
here's my oppinion.
Unless you are going to be walking around with a laptop or tablet i
would go laptop, for the following reasons.
A nicer keyboard. Cheaper.
Also, a lot of new laptops have touch screens available now so you can
still have the touch interface.
Here is a link to a midrange toshiba pc that i just bought this week.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TP5AXMQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00
All that i need to do now is replace the drive with an ssd and upgrade
it to 16 GB ram and i have another system that's comparible to my desktop.
As a bonus this one has a touch screen and i'll have a good system for
about $750

As you've probably guessed by now, i really wouldn't pay for a $1000
tablet over this.
If i want a tablet i'll buy an android tablet and be happy.
I prefer android's touch interface to windows anyway so that's a win for
me.

JMT.

On 9/10/2015 2:46 AM, Carlos wrote:
Well I guess I've probably paid close to $2000 on my Dell i7 desktop, but

not all at once.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Quentin Christensen"
<quentin.christensen@gmail.com>