Closing a Face book account

Walter Ramage

Hi guys.  For a while I have had a Face book account but never used it.  I was persuaded by somebody to create an account but I really didn't want it.  It lay dormant for years but it now seems it has been hacked and somebody has uploaded some porn to my account.  Face book has frozen the account but the images are still there.  I got an email from Face book and when I went to the site, they wanted me to verify who I am and the only options they give was to identify photographs of friends, Well for me that is as much use as a crocheted condom.  I'll need to get help with that but once my account is once more active, how do I close the account.  I've tried before but FB make it impossible to do so and I was going around in circles.  Any help with closing this account, and also Linked in would be appreciated.  Walter.