Re: Application Key.

Quentin Christensen

As Carlos said, it's probably an Fn Key if it's on your laptop.  The Fn key is usually used with other keys to do things for which you don't have a dedicated key on the laptop - eg change the volume or the screen brightness, or toggle the right half of the letters as a number pad if your laptop doesn't have a dedicated number pad (there are a few Fn key combinations that seem to be fairly common but no real standard to say press FN and this to do that unless we were both working from the same model laptop).

Kind regards


On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 9:17 AM, Carlos <carlos1106@...> wrote:
It may be an Fn key.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Carolyn Arnold" <4carolyna@...>
To: <>
Sent: Sunday, May 15, 2016 7:14 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Application Key.

I made a mistake about that. The keys are here. It is that there is a key
to the left of Control that I do not know the reason for.

Best from,


Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer

Ph +61 7 3149 3306 
Direct: +61 413 904 383 
Twitter: @NVAccess 

Join to automatically receive all group messages.