Re: Desktop in alphabetical order.

Carlos

LOL I'm glad you're around to think through the potential ramifications of suboptimal solutions.  I can be lazy sometimes so often I will simply respond with the requested information without really considering whether it is the best answer.

----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Sunday, May 15, 2016 8:16 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Desktop in alphabetical order.

I'm not sure why she was having trouble finding things on the desktop.  Without more information, I can provide information that may be helpful but we'll see..

Her problem might not be solved by changing the organization.  I don't know how the desktop is organized in Windows 10.  In Windows 7 and Xp, the only way to go through the desktop and see every item is the following:
While on the desktop, press home.  Down arrow to the end of the first list of items.
Then press home to move to the top.  Right arrow once.
Down arrow through the second list.
Then press home again.
Right arrow two times and down arrow through the third list.  You can't just start at the top and down arrow through all items.  When asking for help, the actual problem should be presented whether you ask for a specific solution or not.  If it isn't, those answering have no way of knowing if the solution being asked for solves the problem.  Often if people ask for a solution without presenting the problem, the solution they ask for either doesn't apply or is not the best one.

In this case, the solution being asked for, changing the order of icons, may have no relevance to the problem.

gene