Re: Application Key.

Carlos

That is because the Fn key is hard coded so it cannot be easily detected. The Fn key combinations themselves however can be detected since they generate scan codes which correspond to standardized expanded/media functions in most cases.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Quentin Christensen" <quentin.christensen@gmail.com>
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, May 15, 2016 8:20 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Application Key.

NVDA's input help will announce modifier keys like control, alt,
windows and shift. It doesn't announce the Fn key itself, but if you
press Fn and another key, it will (usually) announce what that
combination does. For instance on my Dell laptop it announce Fn+F11
decreases volume and Fn+F12 increases volume.

NVDA's keyboard help works very similarly to Jaws - press Insert+1 to
turn it on or off if you're using Insert as your NVDA modifier key or
Caps lock+1 if you're using Caps lock.

NVDA's keyboard options also contain a checkbox to "Speak command
keys" which will always read control, alt etc as you press them, even
without input help on.

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
22 Point

Web: http://www.22point.com.au
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/22Point
Twitter: https://twitter.com/22PointApps

Check out our first app, RapiTap! - Tap targets fast & avoid decoys:
Adrenaline pumping, Challenging, Accessible!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.com.twentytwopoint.rapitap
Free trial: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.com.twentytwopoint.rapitapfree

On 16 May 2016 at 10:00, Carlos <carlos1106@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
Although I just remembered Keyboard Help also does not announce modifier
keys like Control, Shift, and Alt so the fact that it is not spoken may not
necessarily tell you much.