Re: Accessibility in office 2013


Kliph
 

I have been using office 2013 since it was in beta.  I find all features of outlook, word, and excel accessible.  Can’t speak for the other programs, cause I don’t use them.  As for word, the spell check is accessible, you just have to tab threw to find your choices, alt c for correct, and alt a for add to library, those commands aren’t working just yet, but like I said, it is a little different then previous versions, but they are accessible.  HTH
Frustrated with your Mac, I-device, or AppleTV?  New user and want quick efficient answers?  Or maybe you know apple products and want to contribute?  Then come join a list where questions are always answered, and we are always patient with you.
Short quick getting started Tutorials: http://peeltheapple.wordpress.com/
Or just follow us on twitter https://twitter.com/PealTheApple
And ask your question there.  All are welcome!

On Sep 11, 2015, at 12:28 AM, Pablo Morales <pablocmd2014@...> wrote:

Hi all,

For the last three months, I have been investigating the accessibility of office 2013 and office 365 in several devices. The result of  this investigation is that the accessibility of office 365 is not very stable .. For example, If I have one accessibility problem in one computer, maybe in the next computer that problem doesn’t exist, but in this other computer I will find a problem that is not in the first computer. What is creating these kinds of problems?

I really don’t understand what is going on here, but for example if I try to use the signature dialog in outlook 365, in one computer it is not accessible, and in the second it is a little bit more accessible, but you can notice that there is something wrong on that dialog. In the third computer the spelling dialog  in word is not accessible, but in the fourth computer the dialog is fully accessible. In outlook some times in the calendar, in the day view, jaws reads  the schedules, but other times jaws doesn’t say anything. I tried today with FS on the phone, to see what was the problem, and they asked me to try using narrator. We noticed that with narrator it wasn’t possible to read the schedules. I have been talking to FS several times in the last 4 days, and they say that the spelling dialog in word 2013 is not accessible, and there is nothing  that they can do about this problem. They also say that the signature dialog in Outlook is not accessible, but I have a a laptop here in my home, where the dialog on office 2013 is 90% accessible, when in the other computers is around 10% accessible.

Why does the accessibility change so much when I have been testing office on computers with the same brand and model, and on computers  with good hardware?

Can anybody give me a little bit of light in this issue?

Thanks in advance,

 

 


Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.