Re: tech memories

Curtis Delzer

Sure, remember napstar, :) and still have some of the stuff I got from
it. :)
My first *.mp3 player portable was one I got from the NLS, when they
were sending MP3 players for those of us who would check out their new
web site and download their brand new *.3gp files which they finally
agreed upon which would be the most economy for the buck. Originally
there were going to use 32K *.mp3 files, but changed when they got the
license and rights to that 3GP format.etc.
It is a great format for the quality it does have for very low bit rates.
by the way, nice to be here from very hot California.
-----
Curtis Delzer, HS.
K6VFO
San Bernardino, CA

On Sun, 30 Aug 2015 05:41:28 -0600
"Beth" <thebluesisloose@gmail.com> wrote:

I wrote an introduction in which I got the memories of Apple and Echo synthesis, but what about those of you who remember Napster? Who remembers any of the old MP3 players from the past?
Now, I was wondering who would be privy to a book review? This is a book review on a technological subject: the MP3 and music revolution. We all love music, I"m sure, around here. So this book is available on Bard, so if you have a patronage with the Talking Book service in the NLS program, you can access this audio book. I found myself fascinated by this book, and someone mentioned Philips. Yes, they're famous for shavers, funny Gerald mentioned that. Anyway Philips was indeed a conglomerate and they tried to harness what two German engineers invented, forcing them to use a certain filtering bay. But this book covers an entire history behind MP3 piracy, which I would have been a victim of thanks to the RIAA, if Project Hubcap had been going on longer than it did. I'm a confessed downloader of music, but I absolutely can't afford music files from iTunes, and have been yelled at. By none other than Dad, so unfortunately, piracy in its weirdest form seems to have been the only way I can stream music. Also, this book covers what Spotify and other subscriptions do, and we meet a lot of people who have shaped the music industry as we know it today. Thank God, we don't need CD's and yeah, it gets better. It was an older executive called Doug Morris who came up with ideas for bringing in more revenue for music artists. Anyhow, I would recommend this book to any piracy or any music enthusiasts out there.
Enjoy if you dare,
Beth

-- Beth Taurasi, Windows 10 edition,
Cell: 720-435-7407