Re: If there are problems with how this message is displayed, click here to view it in a web browser

Monte Single

No, it is not specific to jaws; n v d a does it also.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: May-24-16 6:26 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] If there are problems with how this message is displayed, click here to view it in a web browser

I'm very doubtful that that is what the message refers to.  It may well refer to the fact that in more recent versions of Outlook, Microsoft stopped using Internet Explorer to parse HTML messages.  it does it itself now.  I don't recall the details about this but in the past, a message might have to be opened in a browser to get screen-readers to read it properly. 

I'm not sure if this is a screen-reader or a browser message.  And once you've heard it and are thus notified of what to do, you don't have to keep hearing it to know what to do in such a case.  Improper rendering will tell you there is a problem.  but others will have to discuss this question further.

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2016 7:00 AM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] If there are problems with how this message is displayed, click here to view it in a web browser

Leave it on it is in the email.  It is because emails today are doing a lot of graphical links and for security outlook does this so you do not open graphics that have virouses attached.  It also allows you to open graphics that you trust in a email if it is accessable by reading the email from the internet.

i.e.  on my n f l season ticket email for a couple of years now they send things just as graphical links and jaws reads the graphic as just the series of numbers.  It took me several years to get them to put that link at the top of their emails so I can open the mail in a web format and access the graphical link to do my account and other items sent to season ticket holders.

Hope this explains it.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Walt Smith
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2016 04:53
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] If there are problems with how this message is displayed, click here to view it in a web browser

I just switched to Office 2013 and I keep getting this message both when arrowing through my messages in Outlook or when opening a message. I’m using JAWS (both versions 16 and 17) and Windows 7. How can I turn this nuisance off? I don’t even know if it’s a JAWS setting or an Office 2013 option. Thanks. The announcement is totally spontaneous and just appears.

--

Walt Smith - Clearwater, FL

ka3agm@...

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.