Re: problems listening to Sirius Xm online

Michael Mote

Just wondering because I tried what you suggested in IE, and had no luck!

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Carlos
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2016 4:05 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] problems listening to Sirius Xm online

It looks a bit different in Firefox, but it works with both.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2016 4:34 PM

Is this using IE or Firefox?

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Carlos
Sent: Friday, May 20, 2016 11:44 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

A couple of other tips:

1. There is a link near the top of the page which says

"player.siriusxm.com/#"

If you press Enter on this link and then turn off the virtual cursor with Insert+Z or CapsLock+Z if using the laptop keyboard layout, you can use the Arrow keys to increase or decrease the volume.

2. Again immediately above the link labeled

"player.siriusxm.com/#",

there is a graphic which says

"images/vol_high"

If you press Enter here, it will toggle the mute button.

Sent: Saturday, May 21, 2016 12:33 AM

Also, if you just want to browse through the list of channels, you can press Enter where it says

"Tune to previous channel"

and

"Tune to next channel"

Sent: Saturday, May 21, 2016 12:29 AM

Hi Donald,

Unfortunately, the new player is much less accessible.  I have figured out how to do a couple of things which serve my needs because I really only ever listen to the same two channels, but selecting channels is tedious with the new player.  Once the page opens, if you have previously logged in, it will remember the last channel to which you were tuned.  At least with JAWS you can just press Enter where it says

"go live"

a few seconds after the page has loaded and that channel should start playing.  If you want to select a specific channel, again at least with JAWS, you can press Enter where it says

"Search"

An edit field will be enabled where you can search for a channel by name or number.   Press Enter on the edit field to activate Forms Mode and type the name or number of the channel.  Press Enter again to deactivate Forms Mode and if you arrow down the page you should see a list of results.  You can press Enter on the name of the channel in the results to play it.

Sent: Friday, May 20, 2016 11:30 PM

Subject: [TechTalk] problems listening to Sirius Xm online

I welcome responses from anyone who can reliably negotiate the channels with a Windows PC on sirius xm dot com.  I especially hope to hear from Carlos who has said in the past that he is able to do this.

I have never been able to select and listen to a channel on this web site using Window-eyes 9.4.  However, using Jaws 16, I have been able to do this on a couple of occasions as recently as this past Wednesday.  However, since then, using Jaws 16 and Internet Explorer 11 on a Windows 10 desktop, when I go to:

http://player.siriusxm.com

I can no longer find the search field where in the past I had inserted either a channel name or a channel number, after which I would press enter and the channel would begin to play.  When I was successful, after hitting enter, I would see the name of the channel I had selected; and just above this would be some sort of graffic which when I clicked on it, would cause the content to play.

So now I can't figure out just what I am doing differently or if something has changed.

So if any of you are consistently successful at this, please give me some ideas as to what might be wrong.  I have not attempted to use Firefox.  Thank goodness that the IOS app is far more accessible.

Thanks in advance.

Don Roberts

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.