From: Sachin
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2016 1:36 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] About Win10_PE

Hi Carlos & Vytautas, I also had a similar experience, although not
exactly similar, where I could successfully lode PE but NVDA does not start.
I am talking about a system came with Win7 64bit, probably capable of
booting in UEFI mode. I was using Win7PE, so I thought that would be the
cause. I don’t know, Carlos whether you recall it or not, we had a long
conversation about this matter during last May in the blind Tech, which I
couldn’t carry on for some reasons. Carlos, my sincere apologies

On 27/05/2016 1:40 AM, Carlos wrote:

Hello Vytautas,

Welcome to the list.

First, a couple of clarifications are necessary. EFI is the predecessor
UEFI. UEFI is a replacement for the traditional BIOS. So the question
is
not whether your BIOS is EFI or UEFI, but whether your machine is
configured
to boot in BIOS or UEFI mode. If your machine included Windows 8 or 10
when
it was purchased, then it is almost certainly running in UEFI mode. If
it
is a machine which was upgraded to Windows 8 or 10 from 7 or earlier,
then
it will most likely be running in legacy BIOS mode. I believe the 64
bit
edition of Windows 7 is capable of booting in UEFI mode, but this is not
very common configuration. If you are not sure which is the case, this

article

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/29504-bios-mode-see-if-windows-boot-uefi-legacy-mode.html

describes some methods for determining the boot mode. If your system is

running in UEFI mode, then you must use Win10PE since Win7PE is only
capable
of booting in legacy BIOS mode. Win10PE is capable of booting in either

UEFI or BIOS modes. So if you are using Win10PE, this is not an issue,
but
in either case it is not necessary to make any changes to your hard
drive
partitions. However, to make sure that a flash drive containing Win10PE
is
capable of booting in both UEFI and BIOS modes, you have to follow the
instructions in the ReadMe file where it says,

If you want the USB drive to be capable of booting in both UEFI and BIOS

modes, you will have to enable the dual UEFI+BIOS hidden setting in
Rufus
before writing the image. You can enable this setting by pressing
Alt+E.
Note that you will receive no obvious indication that the option has
been
enabled after pressing the Alt+E shortcut. If you don't enable this
option,
whether you can boot in UEFI or BIOS mode is determined by the selection
in
the
"Partition scheme and target system type"
combo box. Selecting the first option,
"MBR partition scheme for BIOS or UEFI"
will make the USB drive bootable on systems configured in BIOS mode.
The
other two options will make the drive bootable only on systems
configured in
UEFI mode. Of course you should select the first option if you enable
the
dual UEFI+BIOS hidden setting.

As for the problem you are experiencing, I have not had any other
similar
reports at this point so I have no idea what might be the cause.