Re: An alternative to Drop Box

Michael <michael_boyd.70359@...>

The Lima device is connected to all of your WyFy connected devices, and therefore can be accessed from anywhere, just like you can access Dropbox on any device from anywhere. You are able to connect to the Lima just like you sign in to Dropbox. Below are a couple of questions that may help, you can also go to the Lima website at:

www.MeetLima.com

Here is the content that I mentioned, the "Help" section of the website will provide some much more detailed information:

Do I get any online storage with Lima?

Lima doesn’t provide you any online storage. The fact that you don't store your data online doesn't mean that you can't access your data from outside your house. Your Lima is connected to your Internet router which means you can access all your files from wherever you are in the world just like you can from the cloud.

Because of the cloud’s limited capabilities, all of your storage is at home, provided by the hard drives you connect to your Lima and computers: if you connect a 3TB hard-drive, you'll have 3TB of storage.

How does Lima differ from cloud services such as Dropbox, One Drive, Google Drive, iCloud etc?

Lima is different from Cloud services for many reasons: It’s private: your data is stored on the hard drive attached to your Lima device instead of being stored on an unknown and distant server. This way, you keep total control over your data and your privacy is protected: no third-party server, no crawling of your files, etc. Nobody can access your data but yourself. More space available: Cloud services need local storage on your computer. If you want to put 200 GB on the Cloud, it will take 200 GB on your computer. With Lima, you are no longer limited by your device’s storage. Have a 2TB hard drive? Then you can put, access and use 2TB of files on all your devices. It's yours: you buy a Lima once, get a hard drive that will fit your storage needs, and that's it. No monthly fees. You're not renting space on someone else's computer: you truly have your own storage.

You can still have a free Dropbox account if you like to share files between other people not connected to your network. Two GB of storage just isn't enough for me to back up what I need to, therefore I have been paying for the 1 TB plan at $9.99 per month. In 10 months, I will have paid for the Lima device itself.

Michael