Re: Glasses for mobility.

Michael <michael_boyd.70359@...>

These apparently are not the same glasses that I am referring to. The ones that I mean are capable of acting like an OCR device, translating text in places like on a sign, a restaurant menu, a building directory or a street sign and there are speakers in the ear pieces that speak the text to you. I do not remember what they are called, but they were only put on the market a few months ago. If anyone knows the name of what I am speaking of, please post it for the list. Thanks.

Michael

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2016 8:33 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Glasses for mobility.

Blind Mice Megamall has them for under $200. I can forward the e-mail to you off list, if you want me to.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Michael via Groups.io
Sent: Friday, June 3, 2016 8:53 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Glasses for mobility.

What exactly are those glasses called? I think that they run around $1500 for a pair isn’t that right?

Michael

Sent: Friday, June 03, 2016 5:43 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Subject: [TechTalk] Glasses for mobility.

Have any of you used the glasses that detect things at higher levels? Do they help? Are they fairly attractive or completely utilitarian? Any information with regard to this would be appreciated. I am giving consideration to purchasing a pair, but am reluctant to do so without some endorsements and/or enlightenment about their practicality. Thanks in advance.

Best from,

Carolyn

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.