Having said that, I also do enjoy books when the narration is very good, so I won’t discount bard or audible, etc, for books at times, especially for fiction.

heck, I am just a book worm at heart and have always been that way, sighted or now blind.

Caitlyn

On Jun 6, 2016, at 8:31 AM, Dean Martineau <topdot@gmail.com> wrote:

I agree with your viewpoint of that voice, I wish gthey gave more options.
With your preference for books read by humans, that pretty much leaves
Bookshare out. However, I can't imagine that among their more than 400,000
titles you wouldn't find a few you'd like, but if you don't enjoy reading
them with synthesized speech, you're better off with NLS.

Dean

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Bill Koppelmann
Sent: Monday, June 6, 2016 1:02 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] my bookshare concerns

Hi Everyone,
Someone brought up bookshare, and maybe this is a bit off track, but I just
had to say this. Now, this is only me, but I'm especially unhappy with
Bookshare as I don't like the voice that you get if you put a bookshare book
on a bookport or the like, and maybe i'm not the best searcher of books, but
I've not found any books there that I've really been happy with, so I'm not
continuing with BookShare, I'd rather have my books read by a person, just
one of my little quirks, but with me being in my 7th decade, I figure I got
the right. <smiles> Any comments?
Bill K.