From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf
Of Robin Frost
Sent: Monday, June 6, 2016 8:31 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] jaws options

Hi,
I'm happy to report that the jfw pronunciation dictionary does still
exist and can be found under settings manager. It is a helpful feature
for which I'm most grateful.
I'd always thought that one of the reasons offered for why System Access
hadn't implemented a pronunciation dictionary was due to its cloud based
orientation however I could be completely wrong in my remembrance of this
and perhaps they've added one more recently. I haven't gone poking
around for such as I use it so little, merely as a backup or alternative
to test the accessibility of various elements on screen from time to
time.
I believe JFW's research it feature still offers sports scores as
mentioned as well.
And again this dovetails nicely with a point Bill inspired in another
thread regarding choices and alternatives. Whether or not this is a good
thing or even a preferred thing it's becoming my experience that having
more than one tool of any kind today and especially more than one screen
reader is no longer a luxury but rather almost a necessity these days as
at any given time one can handle a given situation or on screen element
as I mentioned better or more efficiently than another. And with the
fluid state of technology especially content online I can't imagine that
the days of merely using one screen reader exclusively and achieving
ultimate functionality will return any day soon.
Robin