From: "Billy Inglis" <william.inglis72@gmail.com>
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2016 9:37 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] funding.

hi guys, I have a friend, who is down on her luck alittle at the moment.
She is wondering if there is anywhere she can apply to get funding help
to purchase computer software to help her access her laptop computer
system.
She is visually impaired, and has been for a number of years. She is
just getting into the technical world of computers. As her family have
purchased her the laptop as a present.
The Issue seems to be, affording to buy either Jaws screen reader or
Window Eyes screen reader.
I have already mentioned NVDA to her, and she downloaded the software,
and tried it out for a few weeks, but had to give up in distress, as she
could not get to grips with the software at all.
She has tried the Jaws demo software and loves it, and her local library
has WE installed on their computer systems, and she also gets on pretty
well with this software also.

Can anyone please suggest somewhere that might help her with the funding
to purchase either Jaws or WE?.
My friend lives in Scotland UK,
--
Cheers