Re: Blind bargains podcast#65(Blind guy who was denied service)

Brent Harding

I hope I won't have to find out the hard way when it comes to Uber testing out the idea of adding significant extra cost for when the driver can't find where I am quickly enough. For work, there are several entrances far enough around a big building to where I wouldn't hear cars at the other two I don't use, which can add extra time to the equasion, as some drivers are not very familiar with the area or the streets I mention where I am being close to. On top of that, the whole trip is a short enough distance where a no-show would be more profitable than if I am there, and in the new scheme, even more so. What I interpreted from tech sites is that it could be 2 minutes after arrival notification, it's $5 extra, then in 3 minutes from there, it would be a $10 cancellation penalty and no ride.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matt" <matt.from.florida@gmail.com>
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, June 12, 2016 5:51 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Blind bargains podcast#65(Blind guy who was denied service)

Yes and reasonable accommodation would allow an exception for late night when the lobby of the place is closed and there is a blind man with no way to drive a car come thru the drive thru to take his order and give it to him! It is not like this was a huge inconvenience to them or would cost them a huge amount of money! I personally know as since my last 14 years I was a 5O8 tester for the Florida legislature.

Matt.from.florida@gmail.com