For Those Interested

Beth

Dear list,
Have you wanted to join a blind people or disabled people's list that didn't include political affiliation such as the NFB, ACB, or any big time disability groups that may or may not promote access to one thing or another, or if you like openness in a group, then the group I just created is for you. I searched the Groups.io archives and could not find a Blind Students or Careers group. I'd like to integrate both workers and students in one group as the disabled are a small community, but our group will discuss all kinds of access issues such as classwork and homework, social and club attendance, dorm life, apartment living, etc. We will also discuss what we can do as a community to improve access to university materials, but there is one thing: no politics. We do not affiliate or encourage affiliation with any particular disability advocacy or consumer group. NABS is affiliated with the NFB, so we won't mess with that. But my group list is free, open, and yes, the rules are not tough and you will get to meet other people in a wider spectrum. You may discuss any training centers, even the NFB ones. But we can also discuss technology for students and workers as well. So if you are a student or job seeker as I and my current boyfriend are, come on down. As a real tech enthusiast, I would love to see how many of us are into tech support.
Also, one more rule about the group: be yourselves. Talk about all the intimate stuff in private of course, but we can discuss big time issues that affect all university students or workers such as workplace bullying. That settles it. Anyone who knows someone interested should write me.
Also, if you have any idea where the home page is for the group, it's under groups.io I shared it on FB and Twitter for those who have both.
Thanks.
Beth

--
Beth Taurasi, Windows 10 edition,