From: Beth [mailto:thebluesisloose@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 31, 2015 5:11 AM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] For Those Interested

Dear list,
Have you wanted to join a blind people or disabled people's list that
didn't include political affiliation such as the NFB, ACB, or any big
time disability groups that may or may not promote access to one thing
or another, or if you like openness in a group, then the group I just
created is for you. I searched the Groups.io archives and could not find
a Blind Students or Careers group. I'd like to integrate both workers
and students in one group as the disabled are a small community, but our
group will discuss all kinds of access issues such as classwork and
homework, social and club attendance, dorm life, apartment living, etc.
We will also discuss what we can do as a community to improve access to
university materials, but there is one thing: no politics. We do not
affiliate or encourage affiliation with any particular disability
advocacy or consumer group. NABS is affiliated with the NFB, so we won't
mess with that. But my group list is free, open, and yes, the rules are
not tough and you will get to meet other people in a wider spectrum. You
may discuss any training centers, even the NFB ones. But we can also
discuss technology for students and workers as well. So if you are a
student or job seeker as I and my current boyfriend are, come on down.
As a real tech enthusiast, I would love to see how many of us are into
tech support.
Also, one more rule about the group: be yourselves. Talk about all the
intimate stuff in private of course, but we can discuss big time issues
that affect all university students or workers such as workplace
bullying. That settles it. Anyone who knows someone interested should
write me.
Also, if you have any idea where the home page is for the group, it's
under groups.io I shared it on FB and Twitter for those who have both.
Thanks.
Beth

--
Beth Taurasi, Windows 10 edition,