Re: two main problems concern with Rollback Rx

Sachin

Hello, I updated Rollback Rx to the latest version& enabled fast start up, the problems came back ones again. It is time for my bug report to be submitted, since Rollback Rx is not working as expected with windows 8.1 & fast start up.

On 14/06/2016 6:55 AM, Sachin wrote:

Hello, I figured the cause of the problem, as I said when I used it in a windows7 PC everything was working fine, so my assumption was that Rollback Rx is facing issues with fast startup in windows 8.1. I disabled fast startup this morning, Rollback Rx is working as expected. I am going to update Rollback Rx to the latest version (10.4) & see what happens.

From: "Jeremy" <jeremy.richards7@...>
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2016 6:20 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] two main problems concern with Rollback Rx

Not true. the problem might be with the setup. If the person configured
RollBack to boot from anything other than the C drive set up as disc 0, then
this can cause the types of problems described.

One can also configure RollBack to save images to an external drive if
desired.

I have not been able to successfully create full SSD images using Image for
Windows. I gave up about 3 years ago since their tech support could do
nothing to help me, so I ran out of resources. :) The weird thing is that
the images complete. It is when I create and validate when the errors pop
up. (shrug).

I will say that back when I used RollBack, it was a dream come true because
I could tweak Windows, Microsoft office, Outlook, and any other application
with impunity since I could RollBack any damages in about 3 minutes.

Windows System restore can only revert operating system changes, RollBack RX
will actually do the same and also return your files to you.
You can also use RollBack to open any given image then reach in and grab any
file you want--system restore could never do this and won't ever.

System restore is a significantly poorer solution by any measure. :)

JR