Re: IPhone Inquiry

Hi

Yes she can use cellular data for dictation. It is not necessary to run the latest software but probably best to for improved security and stability as well as fix any bugs present in her current software.

On 16 Jun 2016, at 22:50, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@roadrunner.com> wrote:

Hi Chris,

So you must be connected to the Internet. I am not sure if the person
teaching me is actually connected. She has the phone in a network to
make outgoing calls. I would think you could connect to the Internet in
that mode. She insists she hasn't been able to get the dictation to
work using that button next to the space bar in edit fields. She does
not have the latest IPhone 6 software. Is the latest software necessary
for this feature?

On 6/16/2016 2:21 PM, Christopher Hallsworth wrote:
Use dictation. It works everywhere providing you have an active internet connection. The only place it doesn’t work, for good reasons I must say, is in passwords.

On 16 Jun 2016, at 19:07, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@roadrunner.com> wrote:

Hi Group,

Well, I am taking the plunge and getting training in use of the IPhone. So far it's going reasonably well. I'm learning basic navigation and how to work using voice commands with Siri.

I have one question. Has anyone figured out how to enter contacts into yhour e-mail client or phone numbers into your contacts list in an easier method than the problematic keyboard that appears when you get past the add contact icon?

The person instructing is not an absolute expert in instruction in use of the IPhone for the visually impaired, and she does not have the latest software updates. Maybe there's an AP that helps with this?

If I am able to figure out a relatively easy way of adding contacts as well as favorites for browsing, I will probably be a decent user of the IPhone.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"