Re: IPhone Inquiry

Flor Lynch

No. Other companies like Google and Facebook are also working on end-to-end encryption. 

Sent: Friday, June 17, 2016 1:24 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] IPhone Inquiry

Well as big as Apple is on privacy I don’t think I would worry about this too much. As for as I know they are the only company that will deny the government to unlock a phone or have a backdoor to their OS to snoop around on people!

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2016 7:46 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

People may or may not care but it's my understanding that if you use dictate, your speech is sent to somewhere where Apple uses a speech recognition program to recognize it and transform it to text. 

I haven't looked into this enough to know whether serious privacy concerns exist. 

I find it disturbing, however, that this     question hasn't been brought up yet in this discussion. 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2016 4:23 PM

Hello,
didn't want to be mean, but, imagining dictating details of contacts, just remind me of having to edit. Guys, trust me, becoming the besq friend of the keyboard, will pay off. You could also try braille screen input, rather than third party apps. Bluetooth keyboard, the options are almost limitless.,

Sent from my iPhone 5S

> On 16 Jun 2016, at 7:24 pm, Jeremy <jeremy.richards7@...> wrote:
>
> You will likely lose your mind with aggravation if you are planning on entering contacts using the default onscreen touch keyboard. I'm sure there are some out there who have the patience for such a procedure, but if productivity is your goal, you're better off using MBraille or an external keyboard for entering contacts. Personally, I simply sync contacts into my iPhone using iTunes and Outlook.
>
> JR
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ron Canazzi
> Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2016 11:07 AM
> To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
> Subject: [TechTalk] IPhone Inquiry
>
> Hi Group,
>
>
> Well, I am taking the plunge and getting training in use of the IPhone.
> So far it's going reasonably well.  I'm learning basic navigation and how to work using voice commands with Siri.
>
>
> I have one question.  Has anyone figured out how to enter contacts into
> yhour e-mail client or phone numbers into your contacts list in an
> easier method than the problematic keyboard that appears when you get
> past the add contact icon?
>
>
> The person instructing is not an absolute expert in instruction in use
> of the IPhone for the visually impaired, and she does not have the
> latest software updates.  Maybe there's an AP that helps with this?
>
>
> If I am able to figure out a relatively easy way of adding contacts as
> well as favorites for browsing, I will probably be a decent user of the
> IPhone.
>
>
>
> --
> They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
> They ask: "How Happy are You?"
> I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.