From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Gene
Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2016 3:28 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] How to search for e-mail Outlook 2007?

f3 is not an initiate a find command. You may be able to get away with
using it, but where it performs a find, its purpose is to repeat a find, not
initiate a find. And it is for finding text in a document, not for finding
messages in an e-mail program.

Try using the command control shift f when you are in the folder list of
messages you wish to search. In other words, if you are in the inbox list
of messages, try that command. I don't have word. But there is a good
chance a dialog will open. Tab around it and write what you are looking for
in the appropriate field or fields. Then start the search. If you tab far
enough, you may see a search button. The results, if any, will show in a
list of messages you can up and down arrow in, open and read.