Re: Correct number of files not being read in a folder

Walter Ramage

Hi. I had this problem a few months back, it is frustrating. I did play around with some JAWS settings but for the most part it just didn't change anything. I can't remember the reason but I had to re-boot my PC and when it booted Jaws read the correct number of files in the folder/s. Now and then Jaws will revert to saying there is 35 files in a folder I know contains over 2,400. What I do to resolve that is to unload JAWS and then relaunch it and things are back to normal. The issue clearly lies with Jaws ability to read the folder correctly. The only thing I can suggest is to unload JAWS and then relaunch it. Either that or do a re-install of Jaws. Walter.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Nancy Hill
Sent: 28 June 2016 08:39
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Correct number of files not being read in a folder

I am using win 7, jaws 16, I E 9 or 11.

I have a folder under my downloads called misc. Within the last day
when I open the misc folder, it announces 1 file. I am used to the
exact number of files within the folder being announced when I open the
folder, in this case over 150. This same thing happens when I open any
of the folders I have in my downloads.

What must I do to get the correct number of files within a folder read
when I open the folder?

Many thanks for your help!

Nancy