Re: time warner cable BIG offer?

Brent Harding

Are they doing 2-tiered promos now? I have Ultimate, and the complex pays for the TV part. I initially got the $64 only Internet package, then it jumped to $89, and now it's over $100 for just Internet, or so it would seem, unless when they came in and put that digital box in, they messed up the billing because the apt people wouldn't know what my package was before. All I was told when I moved in was that it was a 12 month promo, so not sure what happened, rally.

----- Original Message -----
From: Donna
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2016 2:37 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] time warner cable BIG offer?

I want to point out that TWC's $89.99 deal is ONLY a promotional deal. I can't recall if the price of $89.99 is for 3-6- or 12 months, then after that your bill will jump in price tremendously!of course TWC isn't going to inform you of this. And if by some chance you get to keep the promotional monthly charge, consider yourself lucky. Our bill went from $105 to $210 per month. So we decided to switch to Direct Tv since we have AT&T as our celluar carrier. We are now saving about $100 for our cable & phone service.

Donna

Hello, I think it depends on the speed that is included in your plan. I would ask a Time Warner cable representative more about this then asking just to be sure.
Joseph Hudson
Email
I device support
Telephone
2543007667
Skype
joseph.hudson89 facebook
Twitter

FaceTime/iMessage

On Jun 30, 2016, at 11:03 AM, Curtis Delzer <curtis@...> wrote:

Hi, and thank you for the help.
If I buy a modem / router combo, does the speed of the service depend on
what I pay for from TWC, or, the speed of the modem. In other wordes,
can they cut back the speed to the plan I pay for up-line from my modem
or does it depend on the speed of the modem.
I can buy a modem / router combo from Amazon which purport to be the
fastest in the industry, for about $175 or so, and if the speed is
dependent on the speed of the modem, can save more since there 100M
service is $20 less than their 300M speed per month.
-----
Curtis Delzer, HS.
K6VFO
San Bernardino, CA

On Wed, 1 Jun 2016 15:11:38 -0500
"Joseph Hudson" <jhud7789@...> wrote:

Beginning of text that is a totally different story with Time Warner cable. If you get up modem from them the router is built into the modem.
Joseph Hudson
Email
jhud7789@... <mailto:jhud7789@...>
I device support
Telephone
2543007667
Skype
joseph.hudson89 facebook
https://www.facebook.com/joseph.hudson.9404 <https://www.facebook.com/joseph.hudson.9404>
Twitter
https://twitter.com/josephhudson89

FaceTime/iMessage
jhud7789@... <mailto:jhud7789@...>
On May 30, 2016, at 3:58 PM, Pamela Dominguez <geodom@...> wrote:

One of them is that the $99 fee is not really $99.  By the time they put in the taxes and fees and all that jazz, it's more.  I know with Cablevision, I am told that my modem is not a wifi modem.  I still had to have a router. With the service you want to go to, it could be different.  So, hopefully, somebody else will be able to tell you that.  Pam.

-----Original Message----- From: Curtis Delzer
Sent: Monday, May 30, 2016 2:54 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@techtalk.groups.io>
Subject: [TechTalk] time warner cable BIG offer?

Hi all! I am considering going from our currently installed DSL
(Frontier, (use to be Verizon land line), system) to cable. I am aware
of the 5 times speed, from about 200Kbps to 1000Kbps or so, but my
question is this; for all of you whom have gotten the "triple play"
option, are you provided with a wi-fi modem, and if not, how much does
that cost? The fee is $89.99 per month for 3 services including that
high speed internet, TV, and landline phone. We're paying about $90 for
cable now, and $64 or so per month for landline plus DSL, but . . . what
pitfalls should I be aware of?
THANKS
-----
Curtis Delzer, HS.