Re: pop settings for gmail

Monica Jones

Gene, please tell me how to turn this on. I hate having mail in all these inboxes. I may have seen this in the menus and didn’t know what it was, but I do a lot of experimenting also. Perhaps I missed the option. Thanks bunches.

From: Gene
Sent: Saturday, September 12, 2015 11:14 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] pop settings for gmail

I haven't used IMAP so I won't comment to any extent on that.  However with POP and I wouldn't be surprised if this applies to IMAP as well, if you are using Windows Live Mail. you can turn on a cumulative inbox that shows all mail from all the inboxes in one place.  I don't know what other e-mail programs have this feature.

> I understand what imap and pop do; however, what I'm going for is
> to have all of my emails from all of my accounts go into one
> inbox. When using imap, there will be several inboxes for the
> different email accounts, at least with my experience. So
> kimsansong@..., kimsansong@..., etc will all have
> their own inboxes, which to me, I could care less about navigating
> from this inbox to that inbox.  With pop, again, from my
> experience, will have all the emails go into one inbox.
>

> Kimsan Song kimsansong@...
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Littlefield, Tyler
> [mailto:tyler@...] Sent: Saturday, September 12, 2015
> 4:41 PM To: TechTalk@groups.io Subject: Re: [TechTalk] pop settings
> for gmail
>
> Hello: I'm really confused what you're going after here. If you use
> pop, then if you forget to turn off your PC's email client you'll
> never receive email on the phone. IMap just keeps everything in
> sync for you and your messages are stored server-side. If you turn
> off pop and imap your phone will probably not work. Usually when
> you configure the phone to use GMail it uses IMap because pop
> support is limited and hopefully soon to be deprecated.
>
> Can you elaborate more on your multiple inbox issue?
>
> HTH,
>
> On 9/12/2015 7:10 PM, Kimsan Song wrote:
>> What are the pop settings for gmail to configure in outlook?
>> Google always show pop.googlemail.com, then I also remember using
>>  pop.gmail.com, so I'm unsure which is the correct one.
>

>> Also, real dumb question here, but when I set this up, must I
>> disable imap and enable pop on the gmail.com site?
>
>> If I do that will that affect my incoming email for my iphone.
>
>> I have several email accounts, and I seriously hate the multiple
>>  inboxes with imap, which is why I am looking to configure pop
>> for all my accounts.
>
>> Thanks.
>

>> Kimsan Song
>
>> kimsansong@...