Re: Making progress on accessibility with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update | Microsoft Accessibility Blog #article

RJ Sandefur <manbatsandefur@...>

Come on guys! I say give narrator a chance, and quit the bitching!

On 7/2/2016 1:19 PM, Marie wrote:
I find Narrator useful on occasion, but it is far from being a full
screen reader and I would hate it if they made it like the Apple
devices where it is your only choice.
Marie

-----Original Message----- From: Carlos
Sent: Saturday, July 2, 2016 5:33 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Making progress on accessibility with the
Windows 10 Anniversary Update | Microsoft Accessibility Blog

If they are going somewhere with Narrator, then they should simply
release a
major upgrade when it is ready to be used as a full-blown screen
reader. At
this point it is wasted effort to introduce these minor changes since
it is
still not functional enough to be used by most on a daily basis.
Gradually
introducing features that most people probably won't use because there
is a
better free alternative seems like effort that could be more productively
invested somewhere else for now.