From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jeremy
Sent: Saturday, July 2, 2016 7:52 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: all about guns and safety was [TechTalk]
Self-Driving Car Involved In Fatal Accident

Hi Carlos,

In hopes of not stepping on toes, I think you might want to
define what is meant by technology as it relates to this
list. I don't think most would consider guns technology in
terms of the scope of blind members wanting to know about
computer sciences and general computing. As is, it appears
that just about anything can be considered technology is one
thinks about it.
Would the study of ants be considered technology if an
electronic device is used to watch them at work? Would
Woman's make-up be on topic on this list if someone twists
him or herself in pretzels to box up a question using a
technology slant? I think most list members consider
computers and all they do for us as on topic, but
seismographs and oscilloscopes might not be as relevant.
...Just looking for a bit more clarity.

JR

From: "Matt" <matt.from.florida@gmail.com
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date sent: Fri, 1 Jul 2016 18:12:42 -0400
Accident

Nothing wrong with pepper spray in certain events but you
don't take
pepper spray to a gun fight or a knife fight or even a
baseball bat
fight. If you did you would be on the losing end of the
fight for
sure!
You can have lots of things in your protection tool box!
Pepper spray
is one of them. But it should not be the only thing. You
should have
a knife , stun gun or Taser and a gun for sure a good old
fashion
hickory cane with a good hook to it that is very pointed
at the end of
the hook is good or asord cane is good. But a water gun
is not much
good unless you have something besides water in it.

Matt.from.florida@gmail.com

From: "Laz" <laz@talkingmp3players.com
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date sent: Fri, 1 Jul 2016 14:55:52 -0400
Accident

Gerald, I really hope you're just joking with all this
drivel. I know
one of these so-called "blind extremists" who carries a
gun and he
carries it for protection only. The times he has shot it
in public
was because he was being threatened by four sighted
extremist thugs
also known as criminals, who were threatening to not only
rob him but
cause him physical harm. He took out his gun and shot
once, straight
up into the air. Yes, the extremist thugs quickly ran
away in fright
and I hope they also needed to do some laundry quickly
afterward.
Who
knows what would have happened to my friend if he hadn't
been legally
carrying his weapon. But I know I'm wasting my time with
telling you
that as you're not for the individual and his rights but
for some
other agenda instead. BTW there are more deaths due to
automobile
accidents than there are due to shootings so this brings
it back
around to your glass half full attitude aimed at
self-driving cars
which have caused how many deaths so far...

Laz

On 7/1/16, Gerald Levy <bwaylimited@verizon.net> wrote:

That's a damn good question. Why, indeed, are some blind
extremists
allowed

to walk around with guns? Oh, excuse me, it's their
constitutional right.
Never mind that they place the rest of us at risk. It's
bad enough
that terrorists and sociopaths are allowed to buy and own
firearms.
But blind
consumers as well? No wonder this country is a screwed up
mess that
has become beholden to dangerous demagogues like Donald
Trump.

Gerald