Re: Talking Bathroom Scale

Mike Thomas

Geraldd,  I use the My Weigh talking kitchen scales, which come with a 30 year warranty.  Since I weigh out dry chemicals for my work, they frequently begin to ddecline from the airborn chemicals that play havoc with the button switches.  I'd almost bet you the bathroom scales carry a similar warranty, and you can get a replacement.
Mike

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, July 03, 2016 9:26 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Talking Bathroom Scale

Happy Independence Day holiday, gang.  Sorry I caused such a furor over the article about the fatal self-driving car accident.  But let’s get back to practical technology.  This morning, when I stepped on my Phoenix by My Weigh talking scale for my monthly weigh-in, I discovered to my chagrin that it was totally dead.  I installed three different brand-new 9 volt alkaline batteries to try to revive it, but no luck.  So I’m in the market for a new talking bathroom scale other than this one, which only lasted three years with infrequent use.  Amazon.com has a nice selection of talking scales between $25 and $30, which is much cheaper than the blindness vendors charge for the same products.  I have narrowed my choices to either the American Weigh 330CVS or the Taylor Precision 7084 talking scales, both of which have received mostly positive reviews.  Does anyone own one of these two models, and if so, how accessible is it, and how loud and clear is the speech?  Are there any other models you guys would recommend?  Please provide specific brands and model numbers or names.  Thanks for your feedback. 

Gerald

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.