Re: Talking Bathroom Scale

Matt

Also check out speak to me catalog and blind mice mart and if you find one you like then you might want to check out amazon.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Robin Frost
Sent: Sunday, July 03, 2016 10:30 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Talking Bathroom Scale

Hi,

I’ve had good fortune with the talking scale by Moshi

#756907

that is its item number at independent living aids.

the only problem I continually encounter with talking bathroom scales is often the foot containing the censor that determines when to activate it can easily break if the unit is handled too roughly as happened to one of mine at the hands of a cleaning helper; but again this seems common t all brands I’ve tried of which there’ve been a few.

Over all this unit has a sturdy solid state feel to it and seems to be accurate.

I’ve no experience with the other two brands mentioned in terms of bathroom scales but like another poster mentioned I’ve used the my way kitchen scale and have found it to be satisfactory for its intended purpose as well.

I hope that helps.

Robin

Sent: Sunday, July 3, 2016 9:26 AM

Subject: [TechTalk] Talking Bathroom Scale

Happy Independence Day holiday, gang.  Sorry I caused such a furor over the article about the fatal self-driving car accident.  But let’s get back to practical technology.  This morning, when I stepped on my Phoenix by My Weigh talking scale for my monthly weigh-in, I discovered to my chagrin that it was totally dead.  I installed three different brand-new 9 volt alkaline batteries to try to revive it, but no luck.  So I’m in the market for a new talking bathroom scale other than this one, which only lasted three years with infrequent use.  Amazon.com has a nice selection of talking scales between $25 and $30, which is much cheaper than the blindness vendors charge for the same products.  I have narrowed my choices to either the American Weigh 330CVS or the Taylor Precision 7084 talking scales, both of which have received mostly positive reviews.  Does anyone own one of these two models, and if so, how accessible is it, and how loud and clear is the speech?  Are there any other models you guys would recommend?  Please provide specific brands and model numbers or names.  Thanks for your feedback.

Gerald