Re: How frequently do you use the Windows Narrator screen reader? #poll

Carlos

GPS has massive applications in the consumer market in general. It is not really comparable to improvements in Narrator. Even before GPS became so hugely mainstream, it's development was driven by use for the military.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeremy" <jeremy.richards7@gmail.com>
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, July 04, 2016 12:39 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] How frequently do you use the Windows Narrator screen reader? #poll

Also, this is how software and R&DD works, not everything researched results
in a new device. At times the technology is used for other purposes, but
just because it doesn't have an immediate use doesn't mean its time, money,
or effort wasted. GPS has existed for decades, but its only relatively
recently that it has become omnipresent on just about all mobile devices.

JR

From: "Carlos" <carlos1106@nyc.rr.com
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date sent: Mon, 4 Jul 2016 12:13:04 -0400
screen reader? #poll

Yes, but who exactly is requesting all of these Narrator improvements? Not
just based on this poll, but based on experience I don't believe most blind
consumers are using Narrator frequently enough for it to warrant this much
attention. Certainly not at the expense of effort which could be invested
elsewhere.