Re: Where is the gmail settings menu?

Robin Frost

Hi,
I was able to locate it in standard view but found that JFW wouldn’t execute it in IE11 but could in Firefox go know. It’s also interesting to note that executing it in standard view seems to yield more options than when in basic html view.
At least that was my experience. If I’m wrong about this last point I’m sure someone will teach us all something new (smile).
Robin

Sent: Monday, July 4, 2016 3:00 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Where is the gmail settings menu?

The gear icon is the “settings” link.

Make sure you’re in html view to locate that. I couldn’t find that in the standard view.

I got confused about that to until one of my kids clicked it and I heard my screen reader say settings.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of George McCoy
Sent: Monday, July 4, 2016 11:57 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Where is the gmail settings menu?

I want to add my gmail account to windows live mail 2012.  My directions say to log onto mail.google.com, click a gear icon, select settings and select either enable emap or enable pop3.  I have mail.google.com set to basic html view as I will not run java script in any of my browsers.

I don’t see a settings button or link which opens a menu to enable these services.  Could someone tell me where it is?

Thanks very much,

George

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.