From: "Matt" <matt.from.florida@gmail.com
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date sent: Mon, 4 Jul 2016 16:59:09 -0400
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] changing the display order of mails in the mail app iPhone

Ok, understand now. You was talking about hints and yes I have them turn on
so I can read preview in mail. I don't know if it is a bug or you have to
have hints turn on to use preview. I am so use to having hints turn on I
don't uselly even think about it. How long has it been like this?

Matt.from.florida@gmail.com

From: "Matt" <matt.from.florida@gmail.com
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date sent: Mon, 4 Jul 2016 13:27:03 -0400
iPhone

No it has always been like that or you can set your rotor to action and just
flip up to open or default action and it will open up with a double tap but
still have the double tap. It been this way for ever. Now if you have 3d
touch I sure you canusethat I don't exactly know how it works or with what
it works with as I don't have 3d touch on my iPhone SE. but I think I would
not use it myself.

Matt.from.florida@gmail.com

From: "Matt" <matt.from.florida@gmail.com
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date sent: Mon, 4 Jul 2016 11:41:24 -0400
iPhone

Well it depends on the person and how they like their device setup! I
consider myself a very advance or power user of the iphone.
Since I had one
since the 3gs came out in 2009.

Matt.from.florida@gmail.com

From: "Matt" <matt.from.florida@gmail.com
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date sent: Mon, 4 Jul 2016 08:49:29 -0400
the mail app
iPhone

Well no but if you view your mail by thread then there is not
much problem.
You just open the thread and go to the bottom of it and start
from the
bottom up. For example there is thread talking about windows
update and
there is 10 messages in that thread. Just double tap on the
thread called
windows update then this will open that thread it will be from
newest to
oldest and you just flip left to right to get to the bottom or
you can do a
three finger flip up from the bottom of the screen and it will
take you to
the bottom of the thread or you can do touch by explore. Once
you are at
the bottom then you can start reading from the bottom up and you
will be in
oldest to newest.
Now I myself read from newest to oldest and I have preview turn
on for mail
where it reads the first 5 lines without even open the message in
the
thread. For example I open the thread called windows update and
then I just
flick left to right and as I land on the message stop and pause
and it will
read the first 5 lines of it and I can tell if I want to open it
up to read
more or just flick up and choose delete or whatever action I
want. I have
the same thing set up on my PC preview messages without opening
them. I
don't know but maybe in IOS 10 they might have some more choices.
On how you
view your thread.

Matt.from.florida@gmail.com

From: "Bharat" <bharat.b@gmail.com
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date sent: Mon, 4 Jul 2016 15:23:09 +0530
the mail app
iphone

Well,

I must say, that's really odd!

On 7/4/16, Rajmund <brajmund2000@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
You can't change the order. Your best bet is, to go to the
bottom of the
screen (explore by touch near the home button) flick to the left
till you
come to the first email. Then, when you delete that email, it
should open
the next oldest one, although the next and previous buttons
respectively,
should do what you wanted them, too.

Sent from a BrailleNote