Re: How frequently do you use the Windows Narrator screen reader? #poll

Carlos

Whether it is an open platform or not, very few people are going to pay for or donate to support an alternative screen reader if what is built-in already does most of what you want. Especially when most blind consumers have limited incomes. The majority of consumers will use the least expensive and most convenient option.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rob" <captinlogic@gmail.com>
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2016 1:43 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] How frequently do you use the Windows Narrator screen reader? #poll

Carlos <carlos1106@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
As I stated in a previous message, I believe a full-blown screen reader would give Microsoft an unfair advantage >
and might stifle 3rd-party developers.

I don't necessarily agree with that. Whereas apple is a closed platform with very few options, Windows is (relatively) open; and if there is a built in screen reader, developers will just work harder to make theirs a better option.
That's how business works. You work harder to make yours the best option possible, or you die. Be it a cafe, an audio editing solution, or a screen reader.