Re: fn key and jaws key issue

Carlos

The standard F key operations are probably reversed which is common on many laptops.   In such cases, the F keys will perform their normal function in combination with the Fn key.  You can usually change this behavior either in the BIOS, with a manufacturer supplied utility, or Mobility Center depending on the brand/model.  With some Dell laptops you can change this behavior in Mobility Center.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2016 2:10 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] fn key and jaws key issue

Hello Listers,

I am running windows 10 pro jaws 17.  I found out that when I disconnect my USB keyboard and I try to use the jaws key plus f11 or jaws plus f12 functions via the laptop keyboard.  I have to use the fn key in order to make them work.  How do I make it so I don't have to use the fn key?

thanks

Michael

email/skype:

JFK"

What kind of peace do I mean? What kind of peace do we seek? Not a Pax Americana enforced on the world by American weapons of war. Not the peace of the grave or the security of the slave. I am talking about genuine peace - - the kind of peace that makes life on earth worth living -- the kind that enables man and nations to grow and to hope and to build a better life for their children - - not merely peace for Americans by peace for all men and women - - not merely peace in our time but peace for all time."