Re: Where is the gmail settings menu?

George <slr1bpz@...>

Point taken.

From: Gene
Sent: Monday, July 04, 2016 3:54 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Where is the gmail settings menu?

I don't know what you can do on the Google site if you don't run JAVA scripts when working with GMail.  It makes no sense to say you won't run JAVA scripts as an absolute position.  I don't run JAVA scripts unless I believe a site is safe and I need to run them to do something I want to do on the site.  But taking absolute positions like this makes no sense.  It's like saying I will never cross a street or I will never ride in a car.  Most things people do are based on an assessment of risk and benefit.  There is nothing about JAVA scripts per se that means the benefits far outweigh the risks on some sites.  And you don't have to keep running JAVA scripts on the google site after you set up your account to download messages to your mail program.

Sent: Monday, July 04, 2016 1:56 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Where is the gmail settings menu?

I want to add my gmail account to windows live mail 2012.  My directions say to log onto mail.google.com, click a gear icon, select settings and select either enable emap or enable pop3.  I have mail.google.com set to basic html view as I will not run java script in any of my browsers.
I don’t see a settings button or link which opens a menu to enable these services.  Could someone tell me where it is?

Thanks very much,
George