Re: fn key and jaws key issue

Carlos

Look for an item labeled something like
"Action Keys"
or
"Hotkeys"
Unfortunately, it is dependent on the manufacturer/model.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2016 7:41 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] fn key and jaws key issue

how do I access the bios? Once there, what do I need to change

Sent: Tuesday, July 5, 2016 1:03 PM

I had to have someone change mine in the bios on my lenova yoga 900

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Carlos
Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2016 12:07
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

As I said, with some laptops this has to be changed in the BIOS.

Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2016 2:56 PM

I tried using the fn key with the f12 and f11 keys all it says is f11 and f12.  It doesn't do what its supposed to. I also tried going to the mobility center.  I didn't see anything about changing keyboard functions.

Sent: Tuesday, July 5, 2016 11:20 AM

The standard F key operations are probably reversed which is common on many laptops.   In such cases, the F keys will perform their normal function in combination with the Fn key.  You can usually change this behavior either in the BIOS, with a manufacturer supplied utility, or Mobility Center depending on the brand/model.  With some Dell laptops you can change this behavior in Mobility Center.

Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2016 2:10 PM

Subject: [TechTalk] fn key and jaws key issue

Hello Listers,

I am running windows 10 pro jaws 17.  I found out that when I disconnect my USB keyboard and I try to use the jaws key plus f11 or jaws plus f12 functions via the laptop keyboard.  I have to use the fn key in order to make them work.  How do I make it so I don't have to use the fn key?

thanks

Michael

email/skype:

JFK"

What kind of peace do I mean? What kind of peace do we seek? Not a Pax Americana enforced on the world by American weapons of war. Not the peace of the grave or the security of the slave. I am talking about genuine peace - - the kind of peace that makes life on earth worth living -- the kind that enables man and nations to grow and to hope and to build a better life for their children - - not merely peace for Americans by peace for all men and women - - not merely peace in our time but peace for all time."

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.