Re: Avast Treasure chest is all resolved. thanks

Gene

Do you understand what quaranteening is?  The tech should have told you that it makes no practical difference if you delete the files or not.  When a file is quaranteened, it is kept in a part of the program where it is separate from everything else.  I don't know what your tech said.  But if he simply made the statement that it is better to delete a quaranteened file, then that calls his advice into question.  The answer should habve been that it makes no practical diffference and that, since antivirus programs sometimes quarantene files that should not be because of a false positive, that unless you know a file is not possibly needed, it's better to just leave it.

Probably none of the files you deleted are needed by the computer.  But why delete files even if there is a small possibility they will be needed?  They can't do anything if they are quaraanteened and if necessary, you can move a file from quarantene back to where it was originally.

From: Sugar
Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2016 11:36 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Avast Treasure chest is all resolved. thanks

Thank you all for your suggestions. With some chatting with a tech individual I was advised to delete them if I dit know what they were, so I did and all is well.

I saw no reason to keep them lurking in my pc..smile

Thanks again

Sugar

‘Faith is seeing light with your heart when all your eyes see is darkness.’

Sugar

Come and join me and my busy elves at the North Pole for yummy & Tasty Recipes:

https://groups.io/org/groupsio/Santas-Workshop