Re: Neato Connect

Carolyn Arnold

Yours sounds like one I'd want, since it has all of that talk feature. Do you have to empty the reservoir?

Bye for now,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Marie
Sent: Friday, July 8, 2016 7:04 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Neato Connect

I must keep this in mind from now on. It is sort of expensive to let it get out the door. Can't you just imagine it rambling along the street trying to find it's way back to the docking station? Well actually that might just bring it back in where it belongs.
Marie

Sent: Friday, July 8, 2016 2:59 PM

Sure, we've got to always watch out for the pets and grand children slipping out an open door. But, Now...The vacuum too?

<smile/

James

Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2016 10:05 PM

Lmao, the door part where the vacume went out was funny...

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Carlos
Sent: Thursday, July 7, 2016 3:34 PM

LOL a runaway vacuum.
----- Original Message -----
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2016 6:31 PM

I have a 74-year-old friend with some sort of vacuum that has a timer. When it is set to come on, it goes all over the apartment. She got it from Sears.
She was asked to give it a name for the warranty, and so she calls it Murphy (Murphy's law). Well, she and her house mate tell me that sometimes, Murphy has a mind of his own and will get stuck somewhere. There will be a display saying something like move me. When she moved last December, she paid a lady to clean her apartment. Murphy started while the lady was working. She went out to shake some rugs or something. Murphy hit the door; it opened. Out he came. She had to grab him, otherwise, we guess that Murphy was going to run away from home. He lives on a charger and goes around on his own for the cleaning.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Marie
Sent: Thursday, July 7, 2016 4:42 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Neato Connect

I just wanted to give a little information about the new robotic Vac Called the Neato Connected. It has an IPhone app which is somewhat accessible and after a couple of weeks learning to use it, I am really delighted. There is a learning curve for both you and the device, but it does a surprisingly good job of cleaning both hard surfaces and carpet. and it goes from one to the other with little or no problems. My home is 1800 square feet on one level so it took some time for the vac to do its mapping correctly and there was a set back when a sighted friend tried to push buttons without knowing what she was doing. But today, I gave the command to go back and reset the map and it did a spectacular job. It gives you alerts if it gets stuck somewhere, or gets lost or there is some type of error like needing to empty the dirt catcher. and today it alerted me to the fact that it was finished and it was back on it’s docking station.
This is not a cheap item but, for me, it is worth the price. I am 73 and just can not vacuum without my back hurting and if I have to pay someone else to do it, I soon spend the money without having something to show for it. (Other than clean floors, of course) And I am not too fond of having other people come in and clean for me. So this is the helper I need.
Marie

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.