Re: Windows Media Player crossfader

Walter Ramage

Hi.  I've just now got it working but more by chance than design.  At first look, the controls are not very responsive or accessible but it will take some trial and error, probably more error.  At the moment I'm listening to a few tracks to see how the cross fade is and so far, so good.  Thanks for your help though.  Walter.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: 16 July 2016 15:30
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Windows Media Player crossfader

I'm not sure if you will find this page helpful.

The essence is to use the command control 3 on the main keyboard to place you in the now playing part of the program.

Open the context menu.

Down arrow to enhancements and press enter.

Press enter on the cross fading item in the menu.

A window will open where you adjust the cross fader.

Tab around and let every item read fully.  You should hear brief instructions for some or all of the items.

Adjust things as you like then tab to the close option.

I believe you can press either enter or the space bar on this item.

You are then in the main program again. 

I don't know how you usually work with the program.  Control 1 places you in what I believe is the library part of the program.  Control 3 places you in now playing.

If you want to turn off cross fading or adjust it further, follow the above steps again.  that is, use control f3.  Open the context menu etc.

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Saturday, July 16, 2016 8:58 AM

Hi.  Thank you, it is version 12.  Walter.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: 16 July 2016 14:53
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

You can probably find out the version the same way you can in most programs.

Alt h then a for about.  See if a dialog comes up and what information is in it.  I could fool around and try to figure it out but there may be no point without knowing if I have the same version of Media Player.. 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Saturday, July 16, 2016 8:36 AM

Subject: [TechTalk] Windows Media Player crossfader

Hi.  Does anybody know how to get to and configure the WMP crossfader?  I looked on line and there were instructions for WMP 11 and WMP 12 (I don't know what version I have nor how to find out).  Unfortunately I couldn't find the "Enhanced" portion in any of the menus in Options.  Unfortunately the instructions gave instructions using the mouse and described the screen which is of little use to me.  Any help welcome and appreciated.  Walter.

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.