Re: Upgrading to windows 10

Monica Jones

Lol, Carlos, I really didn't know what I meant either, but thank you. I no longer have the get windows thing in my system tray. Someone sent a script a while back that would remove it from the registry. I probably need to use the reverse script to get it back in there. I think you might have sent it but I'm not sure. I have no idea how to get started with the .iso image file or the Media Creation thing. Can I just install from that image file or do I have to burn it to the DVD? I'm assuming I do have to burn it. I figure it's about time I upgraded, yet, as I said, I'm leary since I don't have adequate sighted help.

-----Original Message-----
From: Carlos
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2016 10:59 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Upgrading to windows 10

Hi Monica,
I'm not quite sure what you mean by a link for the install. You can upgrade
using either the "Get Windows 10" tray notification offered via Windows
updates or with the Media Creation Tool.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
Although most users seem to have had more success upgrading using the "Get
Windows 10" method.