Re: Printer Recommendations

Robin Frost

Hi,
As a blind user I can heartily recommend the

Canon imageCLASS LBP6230dw Wireless Laser Printer

available at many retailers such as

www.amazon.com

for a reasonable price.  I and others I know have set up this printer which can connect wirelessly or via USB independently and it works well.  Cartridge of which there is only one can be easily inserted and removed with no issues. while the power button doesn’t change position it is easy enough to tell when it’s powered on or off.  Note: as I’ve experienced a few power outage in recent weeks I now know that this unit defaults to a state of being off after such.  So if you’re in the habit of keeping it turned on should power go out do remember to turn it back on so as not to be confronted with the uh oh why is my printer job stuck.

Since I’m under windows 10 I had to download its software from its maker’s site for installation but it was easy enough to do so and walk through using screen reading software.

paper rests in a tray on the bottom of the front and just above that is a door that opens and eases down to reveal the envelope entry slot.

I do hope that helps.

Robin

Sent: Friday, July 29, 2016 5:11 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Printer Recommendations

Okay,so I turned on my Samsung ML2010 monochrome laser printer, and it powered up normally.  But I adjusted the print cartridge and turned it off and on a couple of times, and now it’s totally dead.  I get the connect and disconnect sounds when I turn it on and off, respectively, but there is absolutely no fan noise or any other sign that it is working, so I must have done something to it.  And of course, it doesn’t print.  So now I’m in the market for a new monochrome laser printer.  Can anyone recommend a monochrome laser printer that is usable without sighted help?  I’m not interested in an all-in-one printer, just a basic laser printer for occasional printing jobs that preferably has a toggle power switch and does not have an LCD screen with menus that would be totally inaccessible and has a cartridge that is easy to replace by touch.  Please provide specific brands and model numbers.  Thanks.

Gerald

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.