From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Robin Frost
Sent: Friday, July 29, 2016 8:49 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Printer Recommendations

Hi,
As a blind user I can heartily recommend the

Canon imageCLASS LBP6230dw Wireless Laser Printer

available at many retailers such as

www.amazon.com <http://www.amazon.com>;

for a reasonable price. I and others I know have set up this printer which can connect wirelessly or via USB independently and it works well. Cartridge of which there is only one can be easily inserted and removed with no issues. while the power button doesn’t change position it is easy enough to tell when it’s powered on or off. Note: as I’ve experienced a few power outage in recent weeks I now know that this unit defaults to a state of being off after such. So if you’re in the habit of keeping it turned on should power go out do remember to turn it back on so as not to be confronted with the uh oh why is my printer job stuck.

Since I’m under windows 10 I had to download its software from its maker’s site for installation but it was easy enough to do so and walk through using screen reading software.

paper rests in a tray on the bottom of the front and just above that is a door that opens and eases down to reveal the envelope entry slot.

I do hope that helps.

Robin