From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Friday, July 29, 2016 3:46 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Google Voice Phone Service Set-up Steps

Hi All,

The 2 different sets of steps below will get you started in the right direction:

From: Mike B.

You'll need to have a Google account / email address for the steps below to work.  You can sign in 1st, or later.

1. Go to the Google Homepage.

2. Arrow down to Google apps, & press enter to open this list of apps.

3. Now press, control + F, to start the Jaws find dialogue.  Type in  *voice *, without the spaces or stars, & press enter.

4. You will be taken here:
1x/voice_32dp
Arrow down 1 time to, Voice, & press enter.  This will take you to the Google Voice set-up page.
I did not complete the Voice set-up process, so I can't go any further.

You might be able to bypass the steps above by clicking on the link below:

Voice Set-up Link:

Take care.
Mike
Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!

I'm popping this out to its own topic.  It's been a few weeks since I last snagged one of these, so I can only give a limited degree of detail.

Of course, you have to have a Google account with which the number can be associated, so if you don't then grab yourself a Gmail address/Google Account first.

These are free, and you can call local and long distance in the United States and Canada without charge.

Start at http://voice.google.com

It does not involve captchas, but you do have to have another phone or cell phone available so that they can call or text with a 3-digit (it might be 4) code you have to enter during the setup process that essentially proves a human being is trying to snag one.

You may or may not be able to get a number in your own city or area code.  In any case there are plenty of options left, but you may have to take a number not related to your actual physical location in any way.  I set my cousin up with one when she was staying with her sister and had no cell service, but had WiFi.  I had to pick an area code on the east coast to get the phone number I wanted (for memory's sake).  If you make your request based on a digit sequence you'd like in the number you pretty much always get a list of potential picks that may be anywhere in the USA if you were thinking physical location of an area code.

There's not much more I can offer at the moment.  I've never tried to go through the setup process with anyone with a screen reader and I don't do this often enough to have remembered each and every step.
--
Brian