Re: Restore point, and imaging windows was: File explorer help needed

David Ferrin <df7782@...>

Thanks to the information I obtained from here it is a good thing to report that using win PE and the portable version of image for windows it is so easy to restore with speech and possible to use that combination on a system that does not even have I F W installed on it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Carlos
Sent: Sunday, July 31, 2016 4:53 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: Restore point, and imaging windows was: [TechTalk] File explorer help needed

Although I should point out that WinPE is not run from within Windows. It
is an environment into which you must boot so it is more correct to say
there is a version that can be booted on machines running Windows 10. It
only really makes a difference which version you use if your machine is
configured to boot in UEFI mode. If your machine came with Windows 8 or 10
preinstalled, then it is most likely running in UEFI mode. If it came with
Windows 7 preinstalled, then it is most likely running in legacy BIOS mode
and you can use either version.
From: Gene <gsasner@...>
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date: Saturday, July 30, 2016 2:15 pm
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] File explorer help needed

And, as I pointed out before, if you run a restore point from before you
did whatever you did, it will probably solve the problem. If you are
going to play, it is essential to know how to revert the system in some
way.

If you ask, it is likely that someone can tell you how to run a restore
point in Windows 10. But at this point, we don't know if system restore
is running on your machine. Before you play around further, I would very
strongly urge you to have some way to revert the system. I won't write
about this again since I've written about it a number of times. I hope
you do so.

From: Kimsan <kimsansong@...>
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date: Saturday, July 30, 2016 8:48 am

The view...

Kimsan Song
kimsansong@...

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On
Behalf
Of
Rajmund
Sent: Friday, July 29, 2016 4:18 PM
To: main@.....io
Subject: [TechTalk] File explorer help needed

Hello,
So, here's the story. A few hours ago, when I pressed the applications
key,
I got things like 7zip menu, another similar app, which, I can't
spell,
cut,
copy, send to, so on. After playing with control folders from the run
dialog, and no, no clues what I did, I now get things like group sub
menu,
sort sub menu, and so on. After trying to put it back how it was for
the
last 40 minutes, I'm afraid I'm lost. Anyone knows what setting? I
know
its
either in general or view tab, not search. LOL, not much, I know.
Thanks
for
all help.

Sent from a Braille Sense