Re: Help with new install of WLM

James Bentley

Hi,

We are using the exact same version of WLM.  I downloaded mine from Microsoft yesterday.  It was in a package of programs called Windows Esentials.

Marie, are you using WLM with Windows10?  If so, did you have to do any tweeking to get Jaws to read the fields that show name, subject, date, etc?

James

with

Sent: Sunday, July 31, 2016 10:54 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Help with new install of WLM

I am running 16.432580331
and I believe this to be the latest version.
Marie

Sent: Saturday, July 30, 2016 4:14 PM

Hello Marie,
I downloaded Windows Essentials 2012 from Microsoft this morning.  I got Version 16 point something, on the WLM.  If you are using Jaws, you can type Jaws key plus the control key, plus the letter V to find out exactly the version of WLM you are using.

If you don’t mind, could you check to see what version of WLM you are using?

Many thanks,

James

Sent: Saturday, July 30, 2016 6:00 PM

Gene,
I am using WLM 2012 with win 10 and indeed the default is to see the name, subject and date when arrowing through messages.
Marie

Sent: Saturday, July 30, 2016 10:48 AM

All that should be shown by default.  I'm not saying that you can't have more things shown but if you arrow through the message list and let your screen-reader read everything when you arrow to a message in the list, you should hear the name, subject and date.  At least that's the case in lower versions of Windows. 
If you are saying that you used to hear such information in an earlier version of Windows, then I would be worried that this is another way in which Windows Live Mail is not compatible with Windows 10.  I can check later today if no one else has provided the information of where to find the settings.

Gene

Sent: Saturday, July 30, 2016 12:36 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Help with new install of WLM

Hi everyone,

I’m using Jaws 17 and a fresh install of WLM, Version 16 on Windows10.

I seem to have 99.99% of the fresh install of WLM setup.

But, where in the ribbons do I go to tell WLM to show Name, subject, date, etc. when, I am arrowing through a list of emails.

I appreciate any tips,

James

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.