Re: Issues pinging WLM to the task bar

Jeremy <jeremy.richards7@...>

For the person who pinned WLM to the taskbar, press Windows key+T to place
focus on the taskbar, then count the number of times you have to press the
right arrow keys until you locate WLM. If you have to press the right arrow
key 4 times, then you can press Windows key+4 on the keyboard number row to
quickly launch WLM.

I remap absolutely all of my standard keyboards and laptop keyboards so that
the Windows applications key becomes another Windows key. This makes it easy
to launch items pinned to the taskbar, but it also gives me a ton of new
hotkeys. Furthermore, pressing Shift F10 is a better use of the context menu
because it opens what is call the "extended" context menu, which has
additional options such as "copy as path," which allows one to copy the path
of a file to the clipboard--the applications key will not give you this
particular option.

Whether one has to remember a number or letter associated with a hotkey,
when used enough times, each method quickly becomes almost reflexive after a
short time of use.

Furthermore, the option to use hotkeys or items pinned to the taskbar are
not a one or the other decision, both options can be used for productivity
purposes.

JR

From: Gene <gsasner@...>
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date: Tuesday, August 2, 2016 1:15 am

I should also clarify by saying the following:
You should also be able to easily find the program by typing its full name
in the search. I believe that earlier, you simply pinned an item named
Windows Live to the task bar. That is not the correct item. The item
should have said, and it will be in the results, Windows Live Mail. You
shouldn't have to look for the executables in Windows 7 and I presume in any
later versions of Windows. I would strongly suggest you find out how to use
the start menu search if you don't know or are having problems. It is a
valuable feature.

From: Carlos <carlos1106@...>
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date: Monday, August 1, 2016 7:04 pm

If it is a 32 bit machine, you will not have the Program Files (x86)
folder.
From: Marie <magpie.mn@...>
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date: Monday, August 1, 2016 4:50 pm

If you go to program files X86, then to Windows Live/mail you
will find the exe file for WLM. I believe it is named
Windowsmail.exe. If you right click you will find the pin to task
bar. This way you will have direct access to the program. If it
is already open, you will see the folder name where you are in
WLM rather than the name of the program. This is just like you
see the open folder in file explorer when it is open.
Marie

From: Gene <gsasner@...>
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date: Monday, August 1, 2016 12:58 pm

I don't have Windows 10 and I doubt this will solve the
problem, but find the program in another way. Use the start
menu search to find the program. See if you can open the
context menu when you find the program in the results. You
should be able to open the context menu there but we'll see.